Kit created by Lainer Suspension for WP XPLOR shock absorbers. It includes the shims stack (compression, rebound, high speed) ready to assembly and the aluminum piston H18 mm with low friction piston band.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR SHOCK ABSORBERS WP XPLOR.
- KTM EXC 2017-2021
- KTM EXC-F 2017-2021
- KTM EXC TPI Six Days 2017-2021
- KTM XC-W TPI 2017-2021
The defect of the stock shock is the check valve installed to separate the compression and the rebound functions, so to increase comfort, there’s a hole in the stock piston. This solution is not optimal because it makes the shock absorber more harsh and reactive.
To solve this defect, we’ve developed this kit that significantly improves the performance of the shock:
- The aluminum piston as the shock body, so in the temperature change phase, it adapts to the tube, avoiding function variations during use.
- Increase the oil flow through the piston to keep lower temperatures.
- Low friction piston band with a unique design to adapt to the various expansions of the body.
- Compared to the stock piston, we use rebound shims with bigger diameters for a softer reaction in the roughness.
- Installing our aluminum piston eliminates the uncontrolled oil-free flow hole of the stock piston. You modify the intermediate flow in the rod to have a soft reaction and, at the same time, better hydraulic control in the rocks and the holes. This allows the lower rebound adjustment to affect compression, allowing a more significant adjustment over the entire shock travel.
- Modifying the intermediate flow keeps the second piston active for a bottom-out function.
- The piston is much lighter as it’s part of a system that works in reciprocating motion.
- I highly recommended the Bladder Kit conversion for further absorption of the holes.